Experience Wine Country
Tours, Wineries and Travel Guide
In California and Beyond
Use this online wine country guide to touring regional wineries and wine tasting rooms to plan your next trip. Here you'll find out about visiting different wine regions, including information on their locations, hours open to the public, tasting fees and tour times (if any).
We also feature info on lodging, wine tours, vineyard weddings, information on wine rack storage and wine books.
|Stag's Leap District, Napa Valley, Un...
I first discovered the magic of wine country back when my coworkers and I would take wine tasting trips up to Napa. It was such a feast for the senses: the distinctive aromas of wine cellars and vineyards, the gorgeous views, the culinary pleasures in the restaurants, and of course discovering the subtleties and nuances of the wines themselves.
You don't even need to like wine to enjoy wine country. It can be enough to picnic in the vineyards, stroll beautiful gardens, take the cellar tours, and sample mustards, pretzels, olive oils and chocolate sauces found in some of the winery tasting rooms or gift shops. Just enjoy soaking up the atmosphere.
No two regions are alike, owing to each's unique micro climate, terrain and crowdedness or lack thereof. The scent in the air, the colors of the vineyards, the musty odor in the wine cellars all change with the seasons and delight the senses. The natural beauty and relaxed pace soothes the soul.
To help you decide which wineries to include on your tour, you'll also learn about any distinguishing features such as spectacular vineyard views, gourmet picnic foods available, whether there's an art gallery, or if there is a cellar tour. Each winery is different, ranging from rustic farm sheds to grandiose modern architectural gems.
The golden state has so many great regions to tour and explore. Here are some of the main ones:
There are sections on Oregon and Virginia as well. Both have several wine trails to choose from.
You'll be able to plan your weekend getaway through information on area hotels, bed and breakfast inns, dining options and other attractions besides wineries. See wine country inns.
Whether by limousine, bicycle, minivan, trolley car or even hot air balloon, there's more ways than one to visit the wineries. See wine tours.
Wine Tasting Guide
These tips can help you experience a wine region properly. For instance, you mustn't rush to see how many wines you can taste, but leisurely soak in the whole atmosphere of the vineyard views, the mystique of wine making and possibly making a new wine discovery to add to your home collection.
To this end, you should visit no more than 3-5 wineries per day, fitting in time for a lunch at a local restaurant or a picnic at one of the wineries overlooking the vineyards. See wine tasting guide.
Wine Rack Storage
If you are a wine collector and find yourself running out of space, you may be wondering what type of wine racks are out there and what type would best suit your needs. There's sure to be a decorative one that will fit the design of your home, or at least a very functional one for your closet. Learn more about wine racks.
Some wineries offer facilities for weddings and/or receptions. We can point you to such wineries. Start your search on the Vineyard Weddings page.
Want to start planning your next wine country weekend getaway? Or learn more and get inspired about a particular area? Or just explore our site for lots of interesting things for wine lovers? Just click on the appropriate button on the navigation bar to the upper left or on one of the links below.
And if you want to stay updated with all the most recent additions and changes to the site, subscribe to the RSS feed by clicking on the orange button to the upper left.
- Wine Tasting In California
- There are many regions to choose from when you are planning to go wine tasting in California.
- Napa Valley Wine Tasting
- Guide to help you plan your own Napa Valley wine tasting tour.s of Napa Valley wine country to help you plan a Napa wine tasting tour. Info on wineries, restaurants, hotels, tours and more.
- Napa Wine Tasting
- Napa wine tasting is even more enjoyable if you take in the local area as well as the wineries.
- Calistoga Spas
- During your visit to wine country, you may want to treat yourself to one of the Calistoga spas.
- Healdsburg California
- Healdsburg California is the perfect base for a wine country weekend, as it is central to lots of Northern Sonoma County wineries.
- Sonoma Wineries In Five Valleys
- Guide to help you plan a wine country tour of Sonoma wineries, whether in the Sonoma Valley, the Dry Creek Valley, the Alexander Valley, the Russian River Valley or Sonoma Carneros.
- Central Coast Wine Tasting
- From Monterey to Santa Maria, California has a variety of options for central coast wine tasting adventures.
- Paso Robles Wineries
- Guide to planning your wine tasting tour of the Paso Robles wineries and vineyards
- Touring the Santa Maria Wineries
- Listing of Santa Maria wineries on the Foxen Canyon Wine Trail.
- Solvang California -- Danish Village
- Located in the Santa Ynez Valley of Santa Barbara County, the charming Danish village of Solvang California is the perfect base for a wine country weekend.
- Santa Barbara Wineries
- A guide to exploring the Santa Ynez Valley, the Santa Rita Hills and other Santa Barbara wineries with tasting rooms right in town.
- Temecula Wineries -- Map Out Your Self Guided Wine Tasting Tour
- This guide to the Temecula wineries will help you plan your wine tasting tour in sunny Southern California.
- Oregon Wineries
- Plan your wine country tour with this guide to Oregon wineries and the various wine tasting regions.
- Virginia Wineries And Wine Trails
- Guide to Virginia wineries, which are spread throughout the state into five different wine country regions.
- California Wine Clubs
- This guide to California wine clubs will help you get started sifting through a sea of choices.
- Wine Tasting Guide -- What To Expect
- This wine tasting guide is meant to give the uninitiated a taste of what to expect.
- Local Wine Events - Wine Tasting Festivals And Related Happenings
- Find local wine events and annual art, wine, food, film and music festivals in wine country California.
- Wine Country Inn
- This wine country inn directory will help you find the perfect hotel or bed and breakfast inn for your wine country vacation.
- California Wine Tours -- Options By Limo, Bus, Trolley, Bike Or Ferry
- There are California wine tours by limo, by trolley, by minivan and more to choose from.
- Vineyard Weddings
- For the ultimate in a romantic setting, vineyard weddings combine earthy beauty with elegance and fine cuisine.
- California Wineries Reviews
- Read reviews of California wineries, review one yourself, or list a winery and add photos.
- Wine Country Real Estate
- Find out about the wine country real estate in Napa, Sonoma and Mendocino Counties.
- Wine Country Links
- Wine country links related to wine tasting and wine regions.
- Wine Lover Gift Ideas - Gift Baskets, Personalized Wine Gifts and Wine Racks
- Shop here for top notch wine lover gift items, from wine country gift baskets to bottles of california wine, shipped with care for holiday, special occasion or corporate gift giving.
- Wine Country Updates, News and Events
- Find out about the most recent additions and changes to the Experience Wine Country website, as well as wine country events.
- Wine Country Travel Newsletter
- Get monthly wine country travel news and specials on wine tours and European river cruises in wine country by subscribing to our free newsletter.
- Site Search
- The Experience Wine Country site search box is easy to use.
- About Us
- Information about experience-wine-country.com
- Site Map
- This is the site map for experience-wine-country.com.
- This is the disclaimer for www.experience-wine-country.com.
- Contact Us
- Form to send messages, questions and comments.
- Online Wine Clubs
- All about online wine clubs, and an interview with co-owner of Uncorked Ventures.
- Disclosure Of Advertising And Affiliate Income
- This disclosure tells about links which may earn us money.
- Wine Gift Idea - Gift Certificates, Gift Baskets, Picnic Backpacks
- Ten fabulous suggestions for selecting just the right wine gift idea, from wine country gift baskets to picnic backpacks to decorative wine racks.
- Wine Rack Storage - Things To Consider For Optimal Care
- Practical and decorative considerations of various types of home wine rack storage.